Tuesday, October 13, 2009

day 6 in Mali

We still don't know much about this situation, but a Peace Corps rep from the states is flying in today and we'll be meeting with him tomorrow to discuss our options.
The US Embassy has suspended its work in Guinea, which suggests that Peace Corps will suspend as well.
We learned yesterday that Liberia is willing to take all of the evacuated Guinea math/science teacher volunteers, as they need volunteers to re-open their education program. I think a lot of the education volunteers, new and old, are considering this option.
I don't know much about Liberia, except for the official language is English. I might consider this option as well. Other options include Mali, Togo, Benin and Niger.
I am also considering "interrupted service," which would mean I would go home and wait for another position, possibly in another region. However, if I don't do a direct transfer within the region, I will have to commit to another PST (PreService Training) and two full years.

These options are running through my mind, but I am calm and I know that I will make the right choice when the time comes.
I am a little sick (stomach stuff) and tired, but I have been doing yoga every day, which helps me to feel centered and balanced. After yoga this morning, I sent love all over the whole world!
Did you feel it?

Oh and I put some pictures on my flickr: www.flickr.com/photos/moxie469

No comments: