Wednesday, October 21, 2009

coming home

I am flying home tonight.
Peace Corps decided to officially suspend the Guinea program. I have decided to come home and re-evaluate my options.
Once I'm home, I can re-enroll and get another assignment. I have decided to do this rather than transfer directly to another country because I don't feel emotionally ready to make such a committment.
The whole experience has been incredibly jarring, and I decided that I needed some time at home before jumping back into another program.

The Peace Corps people from Washington have been helpful and supportive. They are flying me out a few days early so that I can attend my grandmother's memorial service on Friday.

I am looking forward to: seeing my family, eating fresh food, drinking good water, sleeping without a mosquito net, taking a hot shower and getting some good coffee!
See you soon.

No comments: