Sunday, October 3, 2010

nada mucho

Hello, world. I am in the internet spot downloading the first episode of Season 2 of Glee on my iTunes. (Sometimes, on the rainy days, or on the sick days, it's good to watch an American sitcom on my computer under my mosquito net.) The internet is so slow here, iTunes estimates that it will take 7 hours to download this 45 minute episode. So in the meantime, I thought I'd write a blog.
Everything is fine here. I've been busy in training, working with my group of teens and learning Spanish. There have been some unexpected bumps in the road which have prevented me from co-teaching at the local high school, but if all goes well, I'll be co-teaching this Thursday.
It's been fun working with the local teens. They seem to have a lot of fun in our meetings. Last week, we gave our first "charla" in Spanglish. (We were supposed to do it in English, but our kids don't understand it at all, so we helped them out by mixing it up.) Anyway, we gave a charla about responsibility and dreams of their futures. It was a good talk and we felt like we were actually communicating with the kids about something important.
In other news, the tropical storm Mateo has passed and the sun is finally shining. This is great news because I can actually get up and run or walk again in the mornings. I've been faithful with my yoga, though. It keeps me sane and balanced! And since the storm is gone, Peace Corps is no longer on "standfast," which is good news.
I don't really have much else to say. Everything is fine. I still love my host family and I think it's beautiful here. I'm grateful for this opportunity and incredibly thankful to all those who have been writing letters. Whenever I get letters, it makes my day!
Just know that I'm happy and healthy and that I'm exactly where I need to be. I love you all.

No comments: