Monday, October 18, 2010

I'm alive!

I got that Jackson Browne song playing in my head: "I'm alive!"
Okay, laugh at me if you want to, but there were a few days, mid-dengue, when I really didn't know if I was going to make it. Call me dramatic, but I was crying and terrified for a while there. I knew that the brief stint of depression was only because I was sick and I knew I'd feel better mentally once my physical status improved. I was right, too. Because even though I'm still very weak and tired, I feel my strength coming back and I feel happy again.
It's 6 am here in Managua and I'm getting ready to get on a Peace Corps bus for a long trip up to the Jinotega region, up north and in the mountains. I will be there until Friday, shadowing a Nicaraguan teacher and teaching a few classes. This is week 7 of training, aka "Practicum Week." At the end of week 8, we will have "site assignment," which means I'll finally find out where I'll be living for the next 2 years.
So training will finally be over before I know it, gracias a Dios!
Love you all so much, and so thankful for your support!

1 comment:

Stacy Co said...

You are eating some GMO stuff. Hope you are feeling better, Friend. I love you.