Wednesday, October 13, 2010

good news

Even though my platelet count is far from normal, it has come up 1,000 since yesterday! (It has decreased about 38,000 in the last 5 days). So at least it's not decreasing anymore! I have to stay tonight in Managua as well, but hope to get back to my site tomorrow after doing a few more tests.
My palms are itchy and I have some rashes on my arms, but my doc said it's okay and it's part of the dengue. My body is still achy and tired, but less than yesterday. My headache comes and goes, but its frequency has decreased. Now I'm in the "recovery" phase, and according to Wikipedia, the "recovery may be associated with prolonged fatigue and depression." My doc says that I might feel this way for a up the three weeks, but I'm hoping for a quicker recovery.
Take that dengue! I'm gonna kick your butt! I'm going to live!

No comments: