Monday, July 6, 2009

last night in US

Today we had a long meeting/orientation with Peace Corps. I got to meet the group that I'll be traveling with. There are 17 of us, I think, and they are all pretty cool people. A high percentage of the group will be physics teachers, and there are a few chemistry teachers, physics teachers, math teachers, and English teachers. I definitely get a good vibe from all of them and I think that we'll grow to be good friends during training.

I signed up for a correspondence with an American classroom, and I requested that my good friend Taramal, who teaches in South Phoenix, be my counterpart teacher. I think it might be good for some kids at his school to see a bigger picture of the world.

Not much else interesting to say... the meeting went over anxieties, aspirations, Peace Corps policies, safety, and travel logistics.
We are meeting early tomorrow morning to go get vaccinations in Philadelphia, then we're boarding a bus to New York and we'll be flying out tomorrow evening.

For my last night in the US, I worked out in the hotel fitness center and swam on the pool on the hotel roof. Now I'm going to re-pack my stuff and go to sleep.
Next time I write, it will be from Guinea.
Goodnight, world!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Goodnight, sissie! I love you and I'm so excited for you!