Friday, July 10, 2009

c'est bon!

"C'est bon" is one of the most common expressions here. It can be used as a question, "c'est bon?" means "is that enough?" "is that okay?" "is that cool?" or "do you get it?"
Then the answer is "c'est bon!" This can mean "it's enough," "it's all good," or "I get it."

I love the way French is spoken here, with different slang and a different accent. And I love the "franglais" mix that the current volunteers use.
And yes, everything is "bon" here so far. I am having a good time learning things about malaria, politics, local language greetings, parasites, and more. Yesterday we learned how to filter and bleach our water with the Peace Corps water filters. Today we learned how to prick our fingers to make microscope slides to send to the doctor for malaria tests. We also learned some local greetings in Susu, which is the main language for this region.

This morning I did yoga on the roof of the PCV house before breakfast. It felt great to stretch after weeks of not practicing yoga. One of my fellow trainees, an awesome girl named Scotty, came up with me and learned some sun salutations and stretches.

I just had a big fat lunch of rice and meat and a red Fanta, which tasted like bubble gum. I'm tired... After our break, we're going to learn some more Susu. So peace out, everyone. I love you all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love phrases that mean more than one thing! :D I miss you, Ghrommy!