Monday, June 8, 2009

received staging information

I got an email from Peace Corps staging today. It told me about my staging, which will be on July 6th in Philadelphia.
We will have registration, then a four hour training session, during which we will discuss:
- Peace Corps mission
- anxiety and aspirations
- managing risk (safety)
- policies
- reflect on commitment to serve
- logistics and departure/arrival info

Then next morning, we will get our shots and get on a bus to JFK airport. Our flight for Guinea departs from JFK at 5:50 pm. We will have a short layover in Brussels and then go on West Africa, stopping in Dakar before we arrive in Conakry, Guinea. I will arrive in Guinea at 5:50 pm on July 8, 2009.

...later...

I just called the Peace Corps travel people to arrange for my tickets to staging in Philadelphia. I am leaving Phoenix on July 5th in order to be on time for the staging on the sixth.

No comments: