Friday, May 29, 2009

more stuff to do...

I am starting to feel a low-level anxiety at all of the things I have to do in the next five weeks before I leave. This includes:

1. write up and send off my aspirational statement
2. update and send off my resume
3. get rid of my dog
4. get rid of my car
5. get rid of everything else
6. find a place to store everything I want to keep but don't want to bring
7. pack my stuff
8. make a bunch of money and put it aside
9. cancel services I will no longer need
10. try to fit in as much quality time with my loved ones as humanly possible
11. put my loans into deferment
12. find someone to take care of other financial obligations while I'm away
13. not freak out!

I finished my dentist stuff today, after a three hour dentist appointment. I got my fillings on teeth #4 and 5. Then the dentist advised me that I should probably go ahead and fill #19 and 30 as well. I was trying to explain to her that yeah okay, I will do that soon but right now I just need 4 and 5 so I can finish my paperwork and that I will come in later for the others. I need to get this dental clearance before I can receive my plane tickets to the staging prior to my departure. It took a while to get that across to her and get the letter saying that I had done just that. When I left, half my face was numb and I looked like a stroke victim.
Oh and the price of these two fillings? $500! Five hundred dollars! Woah. So I signed up with their office dental insurance for a one time fee of 68 dollars for the year and the total then came to $290.
Pricey, pricey.

Okay so I'm off to write my aspirational statement...

No comments: