Thursday, September 24, 2009

if you want to send a care package...


Here are some ideas:
-Soy protein powder
-Dark chocolate M&Ms
-Earplugs (I have some but they get old and crappy really fast because of the humidity)
-Crystal light packages to put in my water bottles
-Good deodorant (like prescription/clinical strength). The only deodorant they have here is that French roll on crap or spray. And I have to wear long sleeves while teaching and teaching makes me soooo sweaty and gross. Whew.
-Headscarves (I like the ones from Sally's beauty supply-- the big ones) I pretty much always cover my head here, and I will continue to do so in Timbo since it's a pretty conservative town.

That's about it for now. I actually got paid today (YAY!) and went to buy a bunch of stuff for my site installation. I bought another phone for my other SIM card, so you can always try to reach me at both of my numbers here in case one is not working. I bought some olive oil and vinegar for cooking, and some rice pasta at the Lebanese store. I bought some school supplies too. The day after tomorrow, we are going to shop more and buy gas stoves, pots and pans, hammocks and stuff like that.

Tomorrow is swearing in. It would be lovely to hear from any of you :)
I love you all...

2 comments:

Stacy Co said...

Did you make that beautiful dress before you left the states? You look so gem-like. congrats friend. When you get a vacation come up North to Belgium. Some nice luxuries await you!

Kathleen said...

Hi Jess, I tried to mail you a package, and they didn't know what to do with the address. It came up as somewhere in the UK and they wanted a postal code, like a zip code i guess. This was at fed ex, so I will try at the post office proper this afternoon or tomorrow.
Hope you are doing awesome. Kisses, Kathleen