Wednesday, April 21, 2010

invitation on the way!

I got an email today from Peace Corps telling me to check my online toolkit and it said that there is an invitation kit on the way!
Once I get the invitation, I have ten days to accept or reject the assignment. The kit will contain information about my country and about the job I'll be doing there.

Now I'm not supposed to know this, but I am almost 100 percent sure that it is Nicaragua. I talked to a placement officer on the phone a few days ago and she told me that it's a TEFL (Teaching English as a Foreign Language) program. She also said that I would be leaving in the end of August and I happen to know that Nicaragua has this program and the staging date is August 31.
I should be getting the invitation this week, so I'll write more when I get it.

For now, here's some info on Nicaragua: http://www.peacecorpswiki.org/Nicaragua

Peace!

No comments: