Thursday, February 5, 2009

still working on medical clearance...

Nothing really new to report except that it's pretty hard to find an affordable place to get theses physicals done. Urgent care turned out to be a bad idea as most of them won't do some of the necessary tests. Family physicians charge an arm and a leg and I have very short limbs and no insurance!

So I have an appointment with a nurse practitioner on Monday, but I will still need a physician's co-signature on the forms. I dropped off the forms at her office the other day so she knows exactly what I'll need. She will call me with a price estimate, but she says it will be at least 200, probably more.
The Peace Corps will reimburse up to 165, but for the rest I'm on my own.

In the meantime, I've just been working,working out, doing a lot of yoga and writing silly haikus.
Oh and I'm reading like five books right now including:
A Farewell to Arms by Hemingway
Wicked by Gregory Maguire
The Re-Enchantment of Everyday Life by Thomas Moore
Ariel by Sylvia Plath
and the Tao Te Ching (Stephen Mitchell's translation)

Here are my current favorites from the Tao:

"Things arise and she lets them come;
things disappear and she lets them go.
She has but doesn't possess,
acts but doesn't expect.
When her work is done, she forgets it.
That is why it lasts forever."

"In dwelling, live close to the ground."

"He allows things to come and go.
His heart is open as the sky."

"All things have their backs to the female
and stand facing the male.
When male and female combine,
all things achieve harmony."

No comments: