Friday, October 10, 2008

Peace Corps interview today

I submitted my Peace Corps application a few weeks ago (September 20th) and I had my interview with a recruiter today.
I was very nervous at first, but he was friendly and the interview went well. He asked me a lot of questions that I had prepared for by reading other blogs from current Peace Corps volunteers (PCVs) and from returned volunteers (RPCVs). One that was particularly helpful was from this guy John's blog:

http://www.thejohnpark.com/blogger/peacecorpspark/archive/2005_11_01_peacecorpspark.htm
(I actually ended up reading a lot of his entries-- he is now serving as a PCV in Ghana, and has some pretty interesting stories.)

Anyway, I used the list of questions on John's blog to prepare for the interview, and most of the questions were the same.
And I guess I did well because the recruiter says he's nominating me for a position!

I am pretty excited, this is all starting to become real.
The next steps are the medical review and the legal background check-- they took my fingerprints for that today. So I'm pretty much in, as long as they don't discover my dirty past! Haha. Just kidding...

No comments: